Android 12 is now available in a public beta. On May 18, Google introduced Android 12, with a redesigned interface and enhanced privacy settings at its I/O 2021 keynote. While the stable version of the new OS will launch later this year, you can now go ahead and test some of its features by downloading the first public beta of Android 12 (aka Android 12 Beta 1) on your smartphone. This post will guide you on How to Download and Install Android 12 Beta 1 on the Realme GT (RMX2202).
How to Download and Install Android 12 Beta 1 on Realme GT
There are many ways you can go around for this one, we’ve listed out the best possible solution you can go ahead with.
- Update via Recovery Mode
- Roll Back to Android 11
Note: This program is currently only for the users of the Realme GT 5G Chinese variant. Make sure to backup your device before upgrading since it will erase all the contents of the phone.
Download Realme GT Android 12 Beta Package
1] Update via Recovery Mode
- Make sure that you’re running on RMX2202_11_A.18 on your device. If not download the update and upgrade your device first before installing Android 12.
- Now, download the Android 12 beta file, and then copy the package to the root directory of your phone storage.
- Next up, switch off your phone.
- Now, press and hold the Power + Volume Down button to enter Recovery mode. Next, perform the following operations according to on-screen prompts: Select Install from Storage, find and tap on Upgrade Firmware Package, and finally click Install. You could also follow the below tutorial to enter Recovery Mode on any Realme smartphone.
- Make sure that you do not make any changes while the update is being installed.
With that done, you’ll now be running the latest version of Android on your Realme GT.
2] Roll Back to Android 11
If you think that the Android 12 build is not stable enough and you wish to return back to Android 11, here’s what you can do:
- Start by downloading the rollback package and transferring it to your phone’s internal storage.
- Next, open the Settings application -> tap on Software Update and then click on Settings from the upper right corner.
- Here, select the downloaded rollback package you’d like to install.
- Wait for the file to be verified and then tap on Install to roll back.
That said, wasn’t that a simple process? Do let us know by dropping a comment down below.