Realme’s Buds Air and the Buds Air 2 (recently received a new update with iOS support) have been some of their most successful audio products yet, with features that make the competition look outdated. The Buds pair through the Realme Link app, offering customization options and firmware updates. If you’ve recently purchased the Buds Air and are looking for solutions to How to Pair Realme Buds Air or How to Reset Realme Buds Air, or the Buds Air 2, here’s how to do so.
How to Connect or Pair the Realme Buds Air/Air 2
Pairing the Realme Buds Air with your smartphone is a simple task and can be accomplished by following the method below:
- If you pair your Realme Buds Air or the Buds Air 2 with your phone for the first time, open the charging case and press and hold the pairing key for three seconds.
- With that, you will notice the indicator flashing for 10 seconds, indicating that the Buds is in the pairing state that is ready to pair.
- Now, turn on the Bluetooth on your smartphone and start searching for nearby devices.
- You will find your device, which is either the Realme Buds Air or the Buds Air 2, in the list of available devices.
- Select and tap on Pair to allow pairing with the smartphone.
- Once paired, you can download the Realme Link app and move ahead.
How to Disconnect the Realme Buds Air/Air 2
If you’re done listening to music and would like to disconnect the earbuds from your phone to save battery, here’s how to do so.
- To turn the Realme Buds Air 2 off, put them back in the charging case.
- (Optional), turn off the Bluetooth on your phone to save battery.
How to Reconnect the Realme Buds Air/Air 2
To reconnect the device back with your smartphone, follow these steps:
- Turn on Bluetooth on your smartphone and take the buds out of the case.
- You’ll find a pop-up on your screen, stating they’re ready to reconnect and will connect automatically (provided you have paired them).
How to Customize Touch Controls on the Realme Buds Air/Air 2
The Realme Buds Air and the Buds Air 2 have touch-sensitive triggers, and the call to action can be customized via the Realme Link app. Here are some of the default options:
- Two Taps: To answer the phone or play/pause the music which is already playing.
- Three Taps: To skip to the next song.
- Press and hold for 2secs during the call: To hang up the call
- Press them for 2s when you have an incoming call: To reject the call
- Press both earbuds together for 2secs: To enter/ exit the gaming mode
- Press both earbuds together for 2s in stand-by or playback mode: To trigger the voice assistant.
How to Update the Firmware on Realme Buds Air/Air 2
Finally, if you’d like to check if the company has rolled out a new update to your accessory, here’s how you can use the Realme Link application to check for updates.
- Connect your Realme Buds Air 2 to the Realme link application.
- Next, bring up Realme Link App, and choose the device you’d like to update.
- Now, click on the Firmware Update option, either available at the bottom or on the top under the three-dotted menu.
- Next, tap on the Check for Updates button.
- If there’s an update available, choose the Update now option.
That said, we hope all your queries regarding the Realme Buds Air and the Buds Air 2 are resolved. Do let us know by dropping a comment down below.