At Google I/O 2021, Android 12 features were revealed. Besides giving users more control over customization, Android’s latest update also emphasizes privacy. Users can now access Google’s Privacy Dashboard to find out which apps collect their data. Google’s Material You feature, which will make the device more personalized, was also introduced at Google I/O 2021. Android 12 has reached the beta stage after several developer previews in the last few months. That said, if you are an enthusiast and would like to get your hands on the Android 12 beta right now on your Realme devices, we’ve got you covered.
A beta version of the Android OS will be available on Pixel devices today, as well as a few other manufacturers. Thanks to DSU or Dynamic System Update, introduced by Google earlier with Android 10, Realme smartphone users can enjoy the taste of Android 12 on a ton of devices. What you can do is download a new GSI (Generic System Image) onto your device, and then flash it in a temporary dynamically allocated partition.
DSU also enables users to easily switch between the stock ROM and the GSI, and hence users get to try out new and different GSI without risking the corruption of the current system image. However, there’s a catch: only users running on Android 11 (either stable or beta). Our awesome team has tried and has been successful in booting it on the Realme C3 running Realme UI 2.0 and the build has worked flawlessly. Here’s how you can do the same.
List of Devices Supported for Android 12 GSI:
- Realme GT
- Realme GT Neo
- Realme X50 Pro 5G
- Realme X50 5G
- Realme X2 Pro
- Realme X
- Realme X3
- Realme X3 Super Zoom
- Realme X7
- Realme X7 Pro
- Realme X50m
- Realme X50 Pro Player
- Realme 6
- Realme 6s
- Realme 6 Pro
- Realme 6i
- Realme 7i
- Realme 7
- Realme 7 Pro
- Realme 8
- Realme 8 5G
- Realme 8 Pro
- Realme C3
- Realme C3i
- Realme C11
- Realme C15
- Realme C12
- Realme C25
- Realme Narzo 10
- Realme Narzo 10A
- Realme Narzo 20
- Realme Narzo 20A
- Realme Narzo 20 Pro
Realme Narzo 30
Note: We are not responsible for any issues that occur on your device based on this method, please start the process on your own risk.
How to Install Android 12 AOSP via DSU on Realme Smartphones
- Start by heading over to Settings > About Phone
- Next, tap on the build number for 7 times to enable Developer Options.
- Now, go to Additional settings > Developer options > and select DSU Loader
- Here, choose the GSI+GMS ARM64 for running Android 12 with Google Apps or GSI ARM64 for running Android 12 without Google apps.
- With that done, the device will start preparing and Install the build automatically.
- Once done, you will get a notification when the update is ready and your device is ready to restart.
With this, you’ll now be running Android 12 on your Realme Smartphone in a very simple way.
How to Return Back to Stock ROM with all your Data
- To return back, tap on the notification which will ask you to restart your device to return to your old ROM.
- Now, your device will restart and you’ll be back to your Stock Realme ROM and you’ll be returned back.
That said, wasn’t that quite a simple process and easy to follow? Do let us know by dropping a comment down below.