Realme has begun to roll out the June 2021 security update for its mid-range flagship-killer phone from this year, the Realme X7 Max (a.k.a Realme GT Neo). The Realme 7 Pro already received a similar update over the past week. The update includes the June 2021 security patch, which, is said to bring almost a dozen fixes for various vulnerabilities.
The New Update Adds Dynamic RAM Expansion Feature
The July update for the Realme X7 Max is rolling out to the 5G variant and sports firmware version RMX3031_11.A.16. The firmware version tells us the update brings more than just security fixes. The update adds Dynamic RAM Expansion feature, optimizes performance, fixes issues with third-party applications, optimizes network and more.
- Adds the dynamic RAM expansion feature.
- Optimizes system performance and improves system stability.
- Reduces the power consumption in some scenarios.
- Fixes an issue where third-party apps would automatically launch after you use Deep cleanup.
- Fixes an issue where you might accidentally receive a notification saying that your network speed is restricted.
- Optimizes the network for a better user experience.
- Optimizes the sharpness of photos taken outdoor using the rear camera.
- Fixes a flickering issue that would occasionally occur when you take photos or shoot videos.
- Integrates the June 2021 Android security patch.
India and China are among the few countries receiving the July update for the Realme X7 Max/Realme GT Neo, but you can be sure more countries will follow suit sooner rather than later. If you happen to own a Realme X7 Max, you can check if the update is available by going to its Settings » Software update menu. As always, our Realme’s firmware archives are at your disposal if you prefer manually upgrading by downloading the latest firmware.