We’re about a week into the month of May but Realme isn’t wasting any time in bringing the latest Android and Realme-exclusive security fixes to as many of its phones as possible. A couple of the company’s devices have been updated with the May security patch already, and another one is now joining the fray.
The Realme 6 Pro is being updated with the latest security patch, with the initial release starting with India and no doubt set to expand to more markets before the week is over. The new firmware version is RMX2061_11_C.15, and it includes more than just security enhancements.
- Updated Android Security Patch May 2021
- Fixed some issues and optimized system stability
- Fixed the probabilistic crashing issue when opening the camera on the lock screen and switching the front and rear camera, lock screen and reenter camera.
- Fixed the probabilistic issue that the quality of Images taken when zoomed is not equivalent to 5X in Night mode
- Fixed the probabilistic issue of getting back to the home screen instead of getting into Apps when clicking locked Apps in Recent after unlocking the phone with fingerprint or password
The update improves the performance of the camera, fixes issues with the lock screen and Settings while bringing the May 2021 security patch. You can check out the changelog mentioned above.
As usual, the latest update can be downloaded over the air by going into the device’s Settings app, selecting Software update, and pressing the Download and install option. The new firmware will soon be available in Realme’s official archive for those interested in skipping the queue and installing the update on their Realme 6 Pro right away.