The Realme 8 5G, which was launched earlier this year, has started receiving a new software update in some parts of Asia. The cousin, Realme 8 4G had received the May 2021 security patch last month, and now the Realme 8 5G variant is getting access to the May 2021 security update. The Realme 8 5G’s new update is currently rolling out in India.
Realme has started releasing a new software update to the Realme 8 5G in India. The latest update, which has firmware version RMX3241_11_A.08, includes the May 2021 security patch. As per Realme’s documentation, the May 2021 update also includes a bunch of fixes for the image quality and performance.
- Updated Android security patch: May 2021
- Optimized the network connection in some scenarios
- Optimized system stability, improved user experience
- Optimized the OSWAP function for the memory
- Optimized the FinShellPay stability
- Fixed the HD display issue of the video play in Netflix
If you are a Realme 8 5G user in any of the countries mentioned above, you might have received a notification regarding the update. Alternatively, you can manually check for the updates by navigating to Settings » Software update and tapping on Download and install. You can also download the newest firmware file from the company’s firmware section and flash it manually.