Realme 8 5G, one of the cheapest 5G devices in the country featuring the MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G SoC, a 6.5-inch FHD+ 90Hz IPS LCD panel, 48-megapixel triple camera, a giant 5,000mAh battery, support for 18W fast charging, and more have started to receive updates from the company’s end.
Realme has been known in the industry for regularly providing new updates for their smartphones and accessories. Keeping track of the updates rolled out for the device might become difficult for an average consumer. This post will list out all the updates rolled out for the smartphone to date.
Note: We will continually be updating this post will all the updates rolled out from the company across various regions. Make sure to bookmark this page for the latest information.
Realme 8 5G Update Tracker
[June 3, 2021]: Realme 8 5G now receives its first firmware update with firmware version RMX3241_11_A.08, including the May 2021 security patch. The May 2021 update also includes many fixes for image quality and performance as per Realme’s documentation.
Security Updated Android security patch: May 2021 Networks Optimized the network connection in some scenarios System Optimized system stability, improved user experience Optimized the OSWAP function for the memory Application Optimized the FinShellPay stability Fixed the HD display issue of the video play in Netflix
Will Realme 8 5G get Android 12 based Realme UI 3.0 Update?
Yes, the Realme 8 5G will surely be receiving the Android 12 based Realme UI 3.0 update. However, there’s no timeline shared by the company yet.
- Display: 6.5-inch FHD + (1080 x 2400 pixels) 90Hz IPS LCD (180Hz touch sampling rate)
- CPU: MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G
- RAM: 4GB or 6GB (+ 4GB DRE (Dynamic RAM Expansion)
- Storage: 64GB or 128GB internal (UFS 2.1), 1TB Expansion with SD Card
- Operating System: Realme UI 2.0 based on Android 11
- Rear Camera: 48-megapixel primary sensor + 2-megapixel depth sensor + 2-megapixel macro sensor
- Front Camera: 16-megapixel
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, Dual 5G, Dual 4G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, USB Type-C
- Other: Side Fingerprint Scanner
- Colors: Supersonic Blue and Supersonic Black
- Battery: 5000 mAh + 18W fast charging