Realme 8 is a mid-range smartphone from the company packing in the MediaTek Helio G95 SoC, a 6.4-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED panel, a 64-megapixel quad-camera array, a giant 5,000mAh battery with support for 30W fast charging, and lots more.
They launched the smartphone running on Android 11 based Realme UI 2.0. Realme has a pretty unusual update rollout pattern where the company rolls out multiple updates in a month or doesn’t for months; keeping a track of the updates might become difficult for a consumer. This post will list out all the updates rolled out for the Realme 8 (RMX3085) along with its changelog and specifications.
Note: We will continually be updating this post with the latest piece of information, hence make sure to bookmark this page to stay updated.
Realme 8 Update Tracker [Full List]:
Security Update Android security patch June System Fixed some known issues and improve system stability
[May 27, 2021]: Realme is rolling out RMX3085_11_A.13 update to the Realme 8 with the May 2021 security patch.
Security Updated Android Security Patch: May 2021 System Optimized the system performance Improved the system stability
[April 4, 2021]: Realme has rolled out the first update for the Realme 8 with the firmware number RMX3085_11_A.05 which brings multiple camera and touch optimizations. [Read more here]
Camera Optimized the portrait image quality of the rear camera Optimized the video definition of ultra-wide camera Optimized the image quality of Ultra Night mode Optimized the colour saturation of the front camera Touch Optimized the touching algorithm and improved the touching experience
Will the Realme 8 get Android 12 based Realme UI 3.0 Update?
Yes, Realme will certainly provide the Android 12 based Realme UI 3.0 update to the Realme 8. The beta rollout will begin within a couple of months of Google announcing the next major OS upgrade.
- Display: 6.4-inch FHD + (1080 x 2400 pixels) Super AMOLED
- CPU: MediaTek Helio G95
- RAM: 4 GB or 6 GB or 8 GB
- Storage: 128 GB internal -UFS 2.1
- Operating System: Realme UI 2.0 based on Android 11
- Rear Camera: 64-megapixel primary sensor + 8-megapixel ultra-wide sensor + 2-megapixel macro sensor + 2-megapixel B/W sensor
- Front Camera: 16-megapixel
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, USB Type-C, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Other: In-display Fingerprint Scanner
- Colours: Cyber Silver, Cyber Black
- Battery: 5000mAh + 30W fast charging
That said, what are your thoughts on the same? Do let us know by dropping a comment down below.