The current smartphone market is pretty volatile. Every other week or two, smartphone companies release either new models or upgrades to predecessors. Realme is one of the few brands which launch a ton of options now and then. Recently, they introduced new models in the entry-level series of smartphones, the Realme C series devices, which include Realme C11, C12, and C15. Here’s a consistently updated list of all the updates that the brand has rolled out for the Realme C12 to date. Make sure to bookmark this page for more information about the Realme C12 and its updated changelog and new features.
Realme C12 Update Tracker:
[February 20, 2020]: Realme has started rolling out a new update to the Realme C12. The update carries the firmware version RMX2185_11_A.85 and brings the January 2021 Security patch, fixes for the Wi-Fi and mobile network, Fixes for a probabilistic issue that clock cannot be synchronized with the network time, and optimizes system performance and stability.
Security Updated Android security patch Jan 2021 Wi-Fi Fixed probabilistic issue that Wi-Fi cannot be connected Network Fixed probabilistic issue that network cannot be used Fixed probabilistic issue that clock cannot be synchronized with the network time System Optimized system performance Optimized system stability
[February 8, 2020]: Realme has now started rolling out the second beta for the realme C12 with bug fixes and new features. Here’s everything you need to know.
[January 30, 2020]: Realme has started rolling out the first beta update under the Realme UI 2.0 Early Access Program for the Realme C12. The new update brings tons of customization options, increases efficiency, adds new animations, makes changes to the launcher, weather, and various other applications while increasing privacy and security and bringing a ton of new gaming features. The complete changelog has been mentioned below for your reference.
- You can now create your own wallpaper by picking colors from your photos.
- Third-party icons for apps on the home screen are now supported.
- Three Dark mode styles are available: Enhanced, medium, and gentle; wallpapers and icons can be adjusted to Dark mode, and the display contrast can be adjusted automatically to ambient light.
- High Efficiency:
- You can now drag text, images, or files out of a floating window or from one app to another in Split-screen mode.
- Optimized the editing page of Smart Sidebar: Two tabs are displayed, and the order of items can be customized.
- Added “Tone tunes”: Consecutive notification tones will be linked to form a single melody.
- You can now determine a time period when Do Not Disturb is on.
- Optimized the user interfaces of Notes: New visuals are provided on the list and editing pages.
- Added weather animations to provide you with a more interesting experience.
- Optimized vibration effects for text input and gameplay.
- Optimized “Auto brightness.”
- You can now remove a folder or combine it with another one.
- Added filters for “Drawer mode”: You can now filter apps by letters, install time, or usage frequency to quickly find an app.
- Security and Privacy:
- Added “System cloner”: You can create a system clone from your main system and use different fingerprints to enter different systems.
- You can now turn “App lock” on or off in Quick Settings.
- Added “Low battery message”: When your phone battery is lower than 15%, you can quickly send a message to share your location with specified people.
- More powerful SOS functions
- Emergency info: You can quickly display your personal emergency info to first responders. The information can be shown even when your screen is locked.
- Optimized “Permission manager”: You can now choose “Allow only once” for sensitive permissions to better protect your privacy.
- Added Immersive Mode, which reduces disturbances while gaming so you can stay focused.
- You can change the way to summon Game Assistant.
- You can share your personal hotspot with others via a QR code.
- Added the Cloud Sync for Private Safe feature, which allows you to sync the photos in your Private Safe to the cloud.
- Optimized the photo editing feature with upgraded algorithms and more markup effects and filters.
- HeyTap Cloud:
- You can back up your photos, documents, system settings, and more, and easily migrate to a new phone.
- You can select the types of data to be backed up or restored.
- Added shortcuts to instantly share and edit photos or videos.
- Added the inertial zoom feature, which makes zooming smoother during video shooting.
- Added the lens stain detection feature.
- Added the level and grid feature to help you compose videos.
- Added the new realme watermark.
- realme Lab:
- Added Sleep Capsule, help you schedule downtime and secure your sleep time.
- Added “Sound amplifier”: You can amplify faint sounds in the environment and soften loud sounds when wearing earphones.
[January 30, 2020]: Realme has started accepting applications for Realme UI 2.0 Early Access program for the device. [Apply Here]
[December 8, 2020]: The Realme C12 has started to receive a new update with the firmware version RMX2185_11.A.81 which brings the November 2020 Security Patch, optimizes system performance, and fixes bugs. The complete changelog has been mentioned below:
Security Updated Android security patch: Nov, 2020 Flashlight Added short-press the power button to turn off flashlight feature while screen-off System Optimized the system performance and improved system stability Fixed the black screen issue of incoming calls
November 10, 2020: The Realme C12 has started receiving a new update carrying the firmware version number RMX2185_11_A.79, which brings the October 2020 Security Patch improvises performance. The complete changelog of the update has been mentioned below. [Download]
- Android security patch: October 2020
- Optimized the system performance and improved system stability
October 15, 2020: Realme has started to roll out a new update for the Realme C12 with the firmware number RMX2185_11_A.75 featuring the October Security Patch, optimizes front camera performance, and fixes the black screen issue of incoming calls while optimizing the device.
- Updated Android security patch: September 2020
- Optimized the front camera effect
- Fixed the black screen issue of incoming calls
Will the Realme C12 Receive Android 11 RealmeUI 2.0 Update?
Realme has already rolled out the first OTA Update under the Realme UI 2.0 Early Access Program for the users. The stable update is expected to be rolled out in a couple of months since the first beta.
- Display: 6.5-inch HD+;720 x 1560 pixels resolution
- CPU: Mediatek Helio G35
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 2 or 3 GB RAM
- OS: Android 10 with Realme UI 1.0
- Rear Camera: 13-megapixel primary camera + 2-megapixel depth sensor
- Front Camera: 5-megapixel primary
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, and Micro USB port
- Battery: 6000 mAh + 10W charging support.