Even though Realme is no longer part of OPPO, both companies share the same Android skin at the internal level. In fact, Realme still uses OPPO’s OZIP file format to pack their update packages as of now. Realme devices are attracting a growing custom development community, principally because they bring down the cost of smartphones. The fact that Realme releases kernel source codes and allows bootloader unlocking is a strong catalyst for the development of Custom ROMs.
Nonetheless, bricked phones happen for many reasons on the journey to port a custom ROM or try out a new mod, and the lack of an official flash tool makes things more challenging for a user. Users are forced to visit a service center for unbricking when there is no flash tool available, which is not favored by the community.
What is Realme Flash Tool? How does it Work?
Realme has finally released its flash tool after teasing it for a little over a year. OFP packages can be flashed with this tool, which is different from the OZIP firmware available on the company’s download portal. You should be aware that the flash tool will wipe the target device completely, so you should back up any personal data before using it.
The interface of the Realme Flash Tool resembles the Mi Flash Tool developed by Xiaomi (competitor). However, the Realme Flash Tool does not support Qualcomm Emergency Download Mode (EDL). The Fastboot binary has to be unlocked before flashing; this is merely a GUI wrapper. Realme India CMO Francis Wang mentioned that the issue involving broken fingerprint sensors on Realme phones after bootloader unlocking could be fixed with the release of the flash tool.
Can I Switch to Older Versions of Android with Realme Flash Tool?
Note, however, that this tool does not offer the option of switching to a lower version of Android. However, users should still switch to a lower version of ColorOS or Realme UI if the core Android layer remains unchanged.
Realme Flash Tool Features
- Small-Sized Application: The Realme Flash tool is pretty small in size and would take a few MBs of space on your computer. The Flash tool also offers an easy-to-use interface that is helpful for beginners with no experience.
- Flash Stock Firmware: Using the Flash tool, users can now flash Stock ROM or stock firmware on Realme smartphones. Here’s how: Choose the firmware file and then connect your phone in bootloader mode. Next, click on the flash button to start the process.
- Supports for Multiple Devices: The Realme Flash Tool currently supports a ton of devices but not all. You can find the list of compatible devices from the section below.
- Fix Fingerprint Problem: There have been reports of multiple issues with the fingerprint scanner once the bootloader is unlocked. The flash tool can help you solve this issue.
- Support for OFP files: The official Realme flash tool supports flashing OFP packages. Note that these are different from the regular OZIP files. If you’re looking for a place where you could find the OFP file, head over to the Realme Community or the official forum.
List of Devices Compatible with Realme Flash Tool
The Realme Flash Tool as of now supports a handful of smartphones. Some of them include the Realme X50 Pro, Realme X2 Pro, Realme X2, Realme X, Realme 3, and Realme 3i.
Expected Devices to be Supported in Upcoming Updates:
- Realme 1
- Realme 2
- Realme 2 Pro
- Realme 3 Pro
- Realme 5
- Realme 5 Pro
- Realme 5i
- Realme 5s
- Realme 6
- Realme 6 Pro
- Realme C1
- Realme C2
- Realme C3
- Realme U1
- Realme Narzo 10
- Realme Narzo 10A
- Realme X
- Realme XT
- Realme C17
- Realme X7
- Realme X7 Pro
- Realme Narzo 20A
- Realme Narzo 30 Pro
- Realme Narzo 30A
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
Download Realme Flash Tool [Latest Version]
If you’re looking to download the latest version of the Realme Flash tool, you can find the download link attached below. Download the .exe file and install it as you would normally do.
You can use Realme Tool on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. Mac users will not find this tool useful.
- Start with a complete backup of your smartphone.
- Ensure that the Bootloader is unlocked
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Have the Realme Flash Tool ready to use along with the OFP package.
- Install ADB & Fastboot Tools for Realme on your computer
How to Flash Stock Firmware using the Realme Flash Tool
- Start by downloading the Realme Flash Tool from the link mentioned above.
- Next, copy the download OFP package to your computer.
- Now, switch off your phone and boot into the fastboot mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power button together.
- Once booted into the Fastboot Mode, connect it to the computer using a USB cable.
- Once you’re in, click on the Browse button and locate the OFP file you want to flash on your Realme Phone.
- Next, click on the Loading device option to detect your Realme phone.
- Finally, click on the Flash button to begin the process.
- You will now be asked to click on the Confirm button, that is, to agree whether you’re fine with wiping the data of your device.
That said, wasn’t the process simple? Do let us know your experience by dropping a comment down below.