While some Android smartphones have received the September 2021 security update, the Realme GT hasn’t been so lucky. Realme has now released the August 2021 security update to the Realme GT in India.
Realme’s latest flagship smartphone has started getting a new software update in India. The update carries firmware version RMX2202_11_A.14 and includes the August 2021 security patch to fix more than 40 privacy and security-related vulnerabilities. The update also adds the Realme PC Connect feature, reduces power consumption, fixes heating issues, bugs with cameras and more. Bug fixes and device stability improvements are also a part of this update.
- Integrates the August 2021 Android security patch.
- Connection and sharing
- Adds the PC Connect feature.
- Power consumption
- Reduces power consumption when the phone is idle at night.
- Reduces power consumption when taking photos in Portrait mode.
- It fixes a heating issue that might occur when your phone is connected to a network.
- It fixes an issue where the Raise to Wake feature might occasionally fail to work.
- It fixes an issue where recording at 60 fps might stutter when you open the rear camera from the Lock screen.
If you are a Realme GT user in any of the countries mentioned above, you might have received a notification of the new update. If you haven’t, you can check for the update manually by navigating to Settings » Software update and tapping on Download and install. You can also download the latest firmware file from realme’s database and flash it manually.
The Realme GT features the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 SoC, paired with up to 12GB RAM, a 6.43-inch 120Hz AMOLED display, a triple-camera setup with a primary lens of 64MP and much more. The device was launched running Realme UI 2.0.
That said, do let us know your thoughts by dropping a comment down below.