While some other Android devices have already started getting the September 2021 security update, the Realme X2 in India isn’t so lucky. Realme’s not letting its preparations for realme UI 2.0 get in the way of making sure its smartphones get the latest security enhancements as quickly as possible. The Realme X2 is now receiving a new update that brings fixes for the proximity sensor.
The Realme X2 has started getting a new software update in India. The update carries firmware version RMX1992EX_11_F.23 and doesn’t bring any new features. Instead, the update fixes issues with the proximity sensor where the screen wouldn’t turn off when on a call.
If you are a Realme X2 owner, you can check for the update manually by navigating to Settings » Software update and tapping on Download and install. You can also download the appropriate firmware file from realme’s firmware database and flash it manually. The phone just received its August 2021 security patch a couple of days back with the firmware version RMX1992EX_11_F.22. You can find the changelog of the previous update attached below.
- Integrates the July and August 2021 Android security patches
- Improves system stability and performance
- Fixes an issue where you would be unable to use a double-ended USB-C cable to transfer files between two realme X2 phones
- Fixes a lagging issue that would occasionally occur in SLO-MO mode
- Fixes an issue where SLO-MO videos could not be played when they are recorded at 960 fps using the camera with the screen locked
That said, have you updated? Do let us know by dropping a comment down below.