The Realme X2, one of the brand’s best-selling smartphones, offers really good bang for the buck; it packs in the 64-megapixel primary sensor, Snapdragon 730G chipset, a 32-megapixel front-facing camera, support for 30W fast charging, and lots more. It has passed since the company unveiled the device, and the X2 has received quite a few updates. This post will list out all the updates rolled out for the Realme X2, lists its specifications, and general questions asked by the users.
Realme X2 Update Timeline
[September 8, 2021]: Realme is rolling out the second update for the month of September to the Realme X2. The update fixes issues with the proximity sensor. The update could be found with version number RMX1992EX_11.F.23.
[September 1, 2021]: Realme X2 is now receiving the August 2021 security patch in India. The update gets the version RMX1992EX_11.F.22 / RMX1992AEX_11.F.22 number that brings bug fixes for OTG, camera, video, and more.
Security Integrates the July and August 2021 Android security patches System Improves system stability and performance OTG Fixes an issue where you would be unable to use a double-ended USB-C cable to transfer files between two realme X2 phones Camera Fixes a lagging issue that would occasionally occur in SLO-MO mode Fixes an issue where SLO-MO videos could not be played when they are recorded at 960 fps using the camera with the screen locked
[August 4, 2021]: realme UI 2.0 Stable is now rolling out for the Realme X2 in India. [Download Now]
[May 27, 2021]: Realme is rolling out RMX1992EX_11_C.18 update to the Realme X2 with the May 2021 security patch.
Security Updated Android Security Patch: May 2021 System Optimized the system performance Improved the system stability
[February 20, 2020]: Realme has reportedly rolled out the third beta release of Realme UI 2.0 to the Realme X2 users who are currently on the beta release channel. [Read More]
[January 30, 2020]: Realme has started accepting applications for Realme UI 2.0 Beta for the device. [Apply Now]
[January 25, 2020]: Realme has started rolling out a new update for the Realme X2 carrying the build number RMX1992EX_11.C.16 which brings the January 2021 Android Security Patch, adds a new shortcut, fixes multiple bugs with Bluetooth and photos.
Security Updated Android security patch: December 2020, January 2021 Settings Added short-press the power button to turn off flashlight feature while screen-off Apps Fixed the issue that two cancel buttons appear when the input box is clicked multiple times in the weather Bluetooth Fixed the probabilistic issue of failure to open Bluetooth scanning Photos Fixed the probabilistic issue that Photos cannot play HDR videos Alarm Fixed the probabilistic issue of crashing when entering the alarm details Networks Fixed the probabilistic issue that VOLTE be registered
December 14, 2020: Realme has started rolling out a new update for the Realme X2 carrying the build number RMX1992EX_11.C.14/ RMX1992AEX_11.C.14, which brings the October/November 2020 Android security patch, fixes multiple bugs, including the issue where screen off gestures was not working in some scenarios, the issue when clicking “More setting” in alarm details page after switching off the ringing alarm, adds toggle for From sunset to the sunrise option of eye comfort mode, the option of displaying keyboard while opening the app drawer and more. The complete changelog has been mentioned below for further reference.
- Added Android security patch to October/November 2020.
- Added a toggle for displaying keyboard function when entering app drawer
- Added a toggle for From Sunset to Sunrise option of Eye comfort
- Added a toggle for the system icons in the status bar
- Optimized the interactive mode for screenshot floating preview
- Optimized the data package limit
- Fixed the probabilistic issue of the screen-off gesture feature in some scenarios.
- Game Space
- Optimized the logic of the default state of the Brightness lock.
- Fixed the probabilistic issue when clicking “More Settings” on the alarm details page after switching off the ringing alarm
Will the Realme X2 get Android 11 Realme UI 2.0 Update?
Final Update: realme UI 2.0 Stable is now rolling out for the Realme X2 in India. [Download Now]
Yes, the Realme X2 will be receiving the Android 11 based Realme UI 2.0 Update. Realme has confirmed that the update will be rolling out by the end of January 2021.
Update: Open Beta applications have now started.
- Display: 6.4-inch FHD + (1080 x 2340 pixels) Super AMOLED with a waterdrop notch on the top, 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G processor
- RAM: 6 or 8 GB LPPDDR4x
- Storage: 64 or 128 GB internal; expandable up to 256 GB with microSD
- Operating System: RealmeUI 1.0 based on Android 10
- Rear Camera: 64-megapixel Samsung GW1 primary sensor with 0.8μm pixel size and f/1.8 aperture + 8-megapixel 119-degree ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.25 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size + 2-megapixel depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture, 1.75μm pixel size + 2-megapixel macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture, 1.75μm pixel size
- Front Camera: 32-megapixel with f/2.0 aperture.
- Internal Storage: 64/128 GB UFS 2.1
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS, USB Type-C
- Other: In-display Fingerprint Scanner
- Colors: Pearl White, Pearl Blue, and Pearl Green
- Battery: 4000 mAh + 30W VOOC 4.0 fast charging