The Realme X2, one of the brand’s best-selling smartphones, offers really good bang for the buck; it packs in the 64-megapixel primary sensor, Snapdragon 730G chipset, a 32-megapixel front-facing camera, support for 30W fast charging, and lots more. It has passed since the company unveiled the device, and the X2 has received quite a few updates. This post will list out all the updates rolled out for the Realme X2, lists its specifications, and general questions asked by the users.
Realme X2 Update Timeline
[February 20, 2020]: Realme has reportedly rolled out the third beta release of Realme UI 2.0 to the Realme X2 users who are currently on the beta release channel. [Read More]
[January 30, 2020]: Realme has started accepting applications for Realme UI 2.0 Beta for the device. [Apply Now]
[January 25, 2020]: Realme has started rolling out a new update for the Realme X2 carrying the build number RMX1992EX_11.C.16 which brings the January 2021 Android Security Patch, adds a new shortcut, fixes multiple bugs with Bluetooth and photos.
Security Updated Android security patch: December 2020, January 2021 Settings Added short-press the power button to turn off flashlight feature while screen-off Apps Fixed the issue that two cancel buttons appear when the input box is clicked multiple times in the weather Bluetooth Fixed the probabilistic issue of failure to open Bluetooth scanning Photos Fixed the probabilistic issue that Photos cannot play HDR videos Alarm Fixed the probabilistic issue of crashing when entering the alarm details Networks Fixed the probabilistic issue that VOLTE be registered
December 14, 2020: Realme has started rolling out a new update for the Realme X2 carrying the build number RMX1992EX_11.C.14/ RMX1992AEX_11.C.14, which brings the October/November 2020 Android security patch, fixes multiple bugs, including the issue where screen off gestures was not working in some scenarios, the issue when clicking “More setting” in alarm details page after switching off the ringing alarm, adds toggle for From sunset to the sunrise option of eye comfort mode, the option of displaying keyboard while opening the app drawer and more. The complete changelog has been mentioned below for further reference.
- Added Android security patch to October/November 2020.
- Added a toggle for displaying keyboard function when entering app drawer
- Added a toggle for From Sunset to Sunrise option of Eye comfort
- Added a toggle for the system icons in the status bar
- Optimized the interactive mode for screenshot floating preview
- Optimized the data package limit
- Fixed the probabilistic issue of the screen-off gesture feature in some scenarios.
- Game Space
- Optimized the logic of the default state of the Brightness lock.
- Fixed the probabilistic issue when clicking “More Settings” on the alarm details page after switching off the ringing alarm
Will the Realme X2 get Android 11 Realme UI 2.0 Update?
Yes, the Realme X2 will be receiving the Android 11 based Realme UI 2.0 Update. Realme has confirmed that the update will be rolling out by the end of January 2021.
- Display: 6.4-inch FHD + (1080 x 2340 pixels) Super AMOLED with a waterdrop notch on the top, 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G processor
- RAM: 6 or 8 GB LPPDDR4x
- Storage: 64 or 128 GB internal; expandable up to 256 GB with microSD
- Operating System: RealmeUI 1.0 based on Android 10
- Rear Camera: 64-megapixel Samsung GW1 primary sensor with 0.8μm pixel size and f/1.8 aperture + 8-megapixel 119-degree ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.25 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size + 2-megapixel depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture, 1.75μm pixel size + 2-megapixel macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture, 1.75μm pixel size
- Front Camera: 32-megapixel with f/2.0 aperture.
- Internal Storage: 64/128 GB UFS 2.1
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS, USB Type-C
- Other: In-display Fingerprint Scanner
- Colors: Pearl White, Pearl Blue, and Pearl Green
- Battery: 4000 mAh + 30W VOOC 4.0 fast charging