We’re nearing the end of the month but Realme hasn’t finished updating all of its numerous Realme devices with the new updates and security patches. Fortunately for Realme X3 and Realme X3 Superzoom owners, Realme has just begun rolling out a new firmware update for the device in India with Realme UI 2.0 (Stable), and as you may have guessed, it brings the Realme UI 2.0 stable update.
Realme customers in India who happen to own the Realme X3 or the X3 Superzoom can identify the new update by firmware version RMX2081_11_C.06. As for customers who might be owning the Realme X3 or the X3 Superzoom in other markets, as always, the firmware should gradually extend its reach beyond India’s borders and go live in more regions. There’s no telling exactly when, but it’s just a matter of time.
The latest firmware update also brings new personalization options, widgets, and tons of new features, that have been brought to all Realme devices with Realme UI 2.0.
- Personalize the user interface to make it your own
- You can now create your own wallpaper by picking colors from your photos.
- Third-party icons for apps on the home screen are now supported.
- Three Dark mode styles are available: Enhanced, medium, and gentle; wallpapers and icons can be adjusted to Dark mode; and the display contrast can be adjusted automatically to ambient light.
- High Efficiency
- You can now drag text, images, or files out of a floating window or from one app to another app in Split screen mode.
- Optimized the editing page of Smart Sidebar: Two tabs are displayed and the order of items can be customized.
- Improved Performance
- Added “Optimized night charging”: An AI algorithm is used to control charging speed at night to extend battery life.
- Added “Tone tunes”: Consecutive notification tones will be linked to form a single melody.
- You can now determine a time period when Do Not Disturb is on.
- Added weather animations to provide you with a more interesting experience.
- Optimized vibration effects for text input and gameplay.
- Optimized “Auto brightness”.
- You can now remove a folder or combine it with another one.
- Added filters for “Drawer mode”: You can now filter apps by letters, install time, or usage frequency to quickly find an app.
- Security and Privacy
- Added “System cloner”: You can create a system clone from your main system and use different fingerprints to enter different systems.
- You can now turn “App lock” on or off in Quick Settings.
- More powerful SOS functions
- Emergency info: You can quickly display your personal emergency info to first responders. The information can be shown even when your screen is locked.
- Optimized “Permission manager”: You can now choose “Allow only once” for sensitive permissions to better protect your privacy.
- Added Immersive mode which reduces disturbances while gaming so you can stay focused.
- You can change the way to summon Game Assistant.
- You can share your personal hotspot with others via a QR code.
- Added the Cloud Sync for Private Safe feature which allows you to sync the photos in your Private Safe to the cloud.
- Optimized the photo editing feature with upgraded algorithms and more markup effects and filters.
- HeyTap Cloud
- You can back up your photos, documents, system settings, WeChat data, and more, and easily migrate to a new phone.
- You can select the types of data to be backed up or restored.
- Added shortcuts to instantly share and edit photos or videos you just took.
- Added the inertial zoom feature which makes zooming smoother during video shooting.
- Added the level and grid feature to help you compose videos.
- realme Lab
- Added Sleep Capsule, help you schedule downtime and secure your sleep time
- Added “Sound amplifier”: You can amplify faint sounds in the environment and soften loud sounds when wearing earphones.
Realme X3 series owners can check if the latest firmware update is available for download from the Software update category inside the Settings app on their phones. The company will also later release the OTA update’s ZIP file, which users can use to flash the update manually.
That said, have you received the update? Do let us know by dropping a comment down below.