Two of Realme’s X series phones are picking up new security patches this week. These phones are the Realme X7 Pro and Realme X7, both of which have received new software updates that bring with them the April 2021 and May 2021 security patches respectively. These updates are rolling out in India and aren’t just about security, although we don’t understand why the company is rolling out the April patch for a device and the May patch for the other at this time.
And it’s a confusing changelog: Realme says the update brings optimized system performance to both the devices in the country, even though this is a standard statement mentioned in every changelog. The Realme X7 5G’s update also fixed issues with AI Text recognition and blurry text. The latest software comes with firmware version RMX3092_11_A.15 and RMX2121_11_A.15 for the Realme X7 Pro and the X7 respectively.
Realme X7 5G Changelog
- Updated Android security patch: May 2021
- Optimized system performance and improved system stability
- Fixed the probabilistic incomplete display issue in AI Text Recognition of the rear camera
- Fixed the probabilistic text blurring display issue in the opening folder at the default theme
Realme X7 Pro 5G Changelog
- Updated Android security patch: April. 2021
- Optimized the system stability
- Improve battery endurance in some scenarios
- Fixed the probabilistic abnormal issue of the camera feature
- Fixed camera effect issues in some scenarios
The X7 Pro update also brings fixes for camera issues, camera effects, improves the battery endurance, and finally, the April 2021 security patch for the device.
As for the update rollout in other markets, what changes it brings and what firmware version it may carry will be soon revealed as more markets begin to get it. For now, if you own either of these phones, you can check if the new update is available for your device by opening its Settings app, choosing Software Update, and tapping Download and install.