Realme has been manufacturing some really great smartphones over the past; their smartphones offer a lot for less. The Realme 7 Pro offers some great specifications, be it either the 64-megapixel quad cameras, the Snapdragon 720G chipset, and more. Good hardware needs to be complemented with good software. Rooting the Realme 7 Pro could unlock a whole new world of advantages for a user, such as the ability to install custom ROMs, additional modules, and more. If you’re a Realme 7 Pro user and would like to take complete advantage of your device by rooting it, In this post, I will guide you on How to Unlock the Bootloader and Root the Realme 7 Pro easily and effortlessly.
How to Root Realme 7 Pro Easily [Official Guide]
- Pre-Requisites for Rooting the Realme 7 Pro
- How to Root the Realme 7 Pro [Guide]
1] Pre-Requisites for Rooting the Realme 7 Pro
Before moving ahead to the first step, there are a few requisites that one needs to make sure of:
- You will need a PC/Laptop for executing ADB commands
- A USB C cable for connecting the phone to the PC
- Take a complete backup as the process will wipe your data completely
- Charge the phone to a minimum of 75% to ensure safety.
- Download SDK Platform Tools
- Download TWRP for your device from the Official Website
- The latest version of Magisk from here
2] How to Root Realme 7 Pro
Step 1: Unlock Bootloader
- Firstly, Download and install the Realme Unlock Tool APK on your phone.
- Launch the application and click on the “Start Applying” button.
- Scroll down, Accept the disclaimer, and choose the “Submit Application” button.
- Next up, your application will now be checked by Realme, and hence it may take a couple of hours for the process to complete. Once done, you’ll see a message stating “unlocking is successful” on the app.
- Open the application and tap on the “Start the in-depth test” button, and the device will reboot automatically.
- Now, you’ll notice a string being displayed on your screen fast boot_unlock_verify ok.
Next up, download the provided SDK Tools on your machine, and connect your Realme 7 Pro to the PC using a USB C cable. Then follow the below-mentioned command to unlock the bootloader:
- Extract the downloaded SDK file, and in the window open a Command Prompt window; this could be done by pressing the Shift + Right Click the button in space and select Open Powershell Window here.
- In the command prompt window, type in the below command and press Enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once the phone has booted into fastboot mode, type in the command and press Enter:
fastboot flashing unlock
- After the command has been executed, use the Volume Up keys on your phone and choose UNLOCK BOOTLOADER. This will wipe your data and reset the device.
Step 2: Install TWRP Recovery
- Download the TWRP Recovery file for Realme 7 Pro on your PC.
- Copy and move the TWRP image file to the previously downloaded platform-tools folder.
- For simplicity, rename the recovery image to twrp.img
- Next, On your phone navigate to Settings > System > About Phone and then tap Build Number six times to unlock Developer Options.
- Enable USB Debugging via Settings > Developer Options > toggle on USB Debugging option.
- Navigate to the SDK Tools folder and open a Command Prompt (cmd) Window here.
- Now, switch off your Realme 7 Pro and boot into fastboot mode by pressing the Volume Up + Power button until you see the fastboot screen.
- Connect your smartphone to PC/Laptop and execute the following commands in the cmd.
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Executing the above-mentioned commands will Install TWRP on your device. You can now move to root the Realme 7 Pro
Step 3: Root Realme 7 Pro
- Download the latest version of Magisk from the link mentioned above and place it in your smartphone’s internal storage.
- Power off the device, press and hold the Volume Up + Power button to boot into TWRP recovery.
- On the TWRP home screen, click on the Install button, navigate and select the downloaded Magisk ZIP file.
- On the next screen, swipe and confirm flash to install Magisk and root the device.
- Once flashed, reboot your device.
With this, your Realme 7 Pro will now be rooted and have Magisk Manager installed. You can use it to install different kinds of modules. Finally, this was our complete guide for you to Unlock the Bootloader and Root Realme 7 Pro. In this guide, we have tried our best to depict how to unlock the bootloader on Realme 7 Pro, Install TWRP Recovery easily on Realme 7 Pro, and finally Root the device with Magisk.
In case you have any questions, do let us know by dropping a comment down below, and we will answer your query as soon as possible. Stay tuned to RealmeTimes for more information.